National forum: Adaptive governance and approaches to navigate (without sinking) wicked problems
Start Date19th Oct 2017 9:30am
End Date19th Oct 2017 4:30pm
This forum aims to progress the understanding and practice of adaptive governance as a means to address complex environmental problems, also known as wicked problems. These problems are large, organisational and, most of the time, intergenerational.
Presentations, videos, programme and related documents
- Forum Flyer [pdf]
- Programme [pdf]
- Workshop outline: Scaling up and out: [pdf]
- Part # 1 – Tools, tips and trumpet fanfares
- Part #2 – Co-designing Good Practice Adaptive Governance.
- Gilbert, L. 2017. Graphic notes of the national forum on adaptive governance and approaches to navigate (without sinking) wicked problems. Wellington. Drawn Together Ltd. commissioned by Scion. [PDF, 36MB] [SIDNEY output: 60086]
- Dr Kirsten Maclean, CSIRO, Australia – Adaptive governance of social ecological systems: insights from research in Australia [pdf] [video]
- Professor Jonathan Boston, Victoria University of Wellington – Safeguarding the future through better anticipatory governance [pdf]
- Professor Hirini Matunga, Lincoln University – Integrating Maori & Indigenous Approaches to Environmental Governance [pdf]
Weaving the Korowai of Papatūānuku– Adaptive governance and supported environmental decision-making
- Research Gate project updates
- Testing adaptive governance approaches to address New Zealand’s ‘wicked’ environmental problems
- Forest scholars empowering communities: A case study from the East Coast of New Zealand by Peter Edwards et al. Overview of the adaptive governance methods used in the “Weaving the Korowai” programme.
- The Case for New Climate Change Adaptation Funding Instruments [pdf]
- Anticipatory Governance: how well is New Zealand safeguarding the future? [pdf]
- Safeguarding the future (See Table 5.1 distributed to participants).
For further enquiries related to the forum or the Weaving the Korowai Programme (2015-2018) and this forum please contact:
Sandra J. Velarde email@example.com