Working at Scion
Scion is proud to offer talented and motivated individuals the unique opportunity to pursue a fulfilling professional career with one of New Zealand’s leading research and development organisations.
Scion is home to creative science minds and a vibrant culture. All 300 people who work at Scion pursue innovation and excellence in their service delivery providing leadership in science and technology, and support services. Here you will be surrounded by colleagues who publish and patent top class science.
Our multi-disciplinary teams apply their global connectivity, and combined knowledge and skill to contribute to the improvement of New Zealand’s economy, society and environment. Scion is also the location of the National Forestry Library - one of the largest collections of forestry, forest products, and pulp and paper literature in the Southern Hemisphere.
What’s more, Scion employees enjoy all the benefits of working in one of the world's most scenic locations. Our head office is located in Rotorua on the edge of the world famous Whakarewarewa Forest. We also have smaller offices in Christchurch and Wellington.
To view current vacancies please visit the Our Vacancies page.
Rotorua is one of New Zealand's leading tourist destinations owing to its outstanding natural environment and proximity to coastal beaches and inland lakes, native forests, geothermal areas and volcanic ski-fields.
Scion is proud to offer staff extensive employee benefits:
- A Wellness Programme and a full Employee Assistance Programme providing counselling services
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Life and disability insurance for all staff
- Work/Life balance initiatives including on-site showers; returning to work incentive payment for takers of parental leave; flexible working arrangements; bring your dog to work; bike sheds
- A rewarding sabbatical programme for science staff
- Free car parking
- Great onsite café