Start Date: 2nd Sep 2012 9:44am
End Date: 6th Sep 2012 9:44am
Agricultural Biotechnology International Conference (ABIC)
Venue: Energy Events Centre, Rotorua
2 - 6 September 2012
ABIC, the world’s top agbiotech conference, will this year be hosted by New Zealand’s biotechnology industry organisation NZBIO with support from its Australian counterpart AusBiotech. The Ministry of Science and Innovation is the founding partner for the event.
The conference theme for ABIC 2012 is ‘Adapting to a Changing World’. The event will be a mix of high-impact plenary and streamed sessions with programme themes centred on the key drivers of change: environmental, social and economic.
Scion's Dr Elspeth MacRae, General Manager Manufacturing and Bioproducts, will be speaking at the event. Also in the speaker line-up are:
- Dr Clive James, Founder of ISAAA “the International Service for the Aquisition of Agri-biotech Crop Applications” (Based – United States)
- Dr Roger Beachy, President Emeritus - Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, Professor – Department of Biology, Washington University in St. Louis (Based – United States)
- Dr John Bedbrook, Vice President for DuPont Agricultural Biotechnology (Based – United States)
- Dr Richard Flavell, Chief Scientific Officer for Ceres (Based – United States)
- Dr Robert Reiter, Vice President Biotechnology for Monsanto (Based – United States)
For more information and to register, visit the ABIC website. Earlybird registrations close on Wednesday 30 May 2012 and discounts for group bookings are available.