Dr Kirsty McGregor is an ecologist with experience in invasive species and plant conservation. Her focus is to take a systems approach to understanding the ecology and management of alternative (non-radiata) forests.
- PhD Ecology (Lincoln University, New Zealand)
- MSc Ecology, Evolution and Conservation (Imperial College, London, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Marine Biology and Coastal Ecology (University of Plymouth, UK)
- Ecology of non-radiata tree species and forests
- Invasive species risk modelling
Academic and research:
- Assistant Research Leader, Systems Ecology, Scion, 2020-present
- Research Assistant, School of Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford, 2015-16
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Charles University, Prague Czechia, 2012-13
- Scientist, IUCN Sampled Red List Index for Plants, GIS Unit, Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, 2008
Professional and analytical:
- Research Facilitator, Social Sciences Division, University of Oxford, 2018-19
Senior Analyst, HR Analytics, University of Oxford, 2013-2018
Brummitt, N. et al. (2015) Green plants in the red: a baseline global assessment for the Sampled Red List Index for Plants. PLOS ONE DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0135152.
Pyšek, P., Manceur, A.M., Alba, C., McGregor, K.F., Pergl, J., Štajerovà, K., Danihelka, J., Kartesz, J., Klimešová, Lučanová, M., Moravcová, L., Nishino, M., Sádlo, J., Suda, J., Tichý, L., Kühn, I. (2015) Naturalization of central European plants in North America: species traits, habitats, propagule pressure, residence time. Ecology 96: 762-774.
Alba, C., Skálová, H., McGregor, K.F., D’Antonio, C., Pyšek, P. (2015) Native and exotic plant species respond differently to wildfire and prescribed fire as revealed by meta-analysis Journal of Vegetation Science 26: 102-113.
Deppe, L., McGregor, K.F., Tomasetto, F., Briskie, J.V., Scofield, R.P. (2014) Distribution and predictability of foraging activity in breeding Chatham Albatrosses Thalassarche eremita in relation to environmental characteristics. Marine Ecology Progress Series 498:287–301.
McGregor, K.F., Watt, M.S., Hulme, P.E., Duncan, R.P. (2012) What determines pine naturalisation: species traits, climate suitability or forestry use? Diversity and Distributions 18: 1013-1023.
McGregor, K.F., Watt, M.S., Hulme, P.E., Duncan, R.P. (2012) How robust is the Australian weed risk assessment protocol? A test using pine invasions in the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Biological Invasions 14: 987–998.