- Phone: +64 7 343 5899
- Email: Show email
- Team: Data Analytics
- Role: Research Leader – Data Analytics
AboutMaxime leads the Data Analytics team, comprised of data and computer scientists, bio-informaticians, and biometricians working across the forestry value chains to optimise its sustainability and applied forefront methodologies to solve modern challenges. His research is focussed on machine and deep learning applied to understanding the forest interactions from multi-parametric, large-scale data sets.
- PhD (Computer Science & Geology), University of Clermont Auvergne, France - 2015
- MSc (Computation and scientific modelling), University of Clermont Auvergne, France - 2012
- MSc (Image Processing), University of Clermont Auvergne, France - 2012
- Deep and machine learning development
- Statistical analysis
- Automation and programming
- Optimisation and modelling
- Research Leader, Data analytics, Scion 2019-present
- Invited Lecturer, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden, 2017-present
- Research scientist and lecturer, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2016-2018
Maxime Bombrun, Hui Gao, Petter Ranefall, Niklas Mejhert, Peter Arner, and Carolina Wählby. Quantitative high-content/high-throughput microscopy analysis of subject-specific adipogenesis models. Cytometry Part A, 91(11):1068–1077, 2017.
Maxime Bombrun, Petter Ranefall, Joakim Lindblad, Amin Allalou, Gabriel Partel, Leslie Solorzano, Xiaoyan Qian, Mats Nilsson, and Carolina Wählby. Decoding gene expression in 2D and 3D. In Image Analysis, pages 257–268. Springer, 2017.
Maxime Bombrun, Letizia Spampinato, Andrew Harris, Vincent Barra, and Tommaso Caltabiano. On the transition from strombolian to fountaining activity: A thermal energy-based driver. Bulletin of Volcanology, 78(2):1–13, 2016.
Maxime Bombrun, Vincent Barra, and Andrew Harris. Analysis of thermal video for coarse to fine particle tracking in volcanic explosion plumes. In Image Analysis, pages 366–376. Springer, 2015.
Maxime Bombrun, Andrew Harris, Lucia Gurioli, Jean Battaglia, and Vincent Barra. Anatomy of a strombolian eruption: Inferences from particle data recorded with thermal video. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 120(4):2367–2387, 2015.
Maxime Bombrun, Vincent Barra, and Andrew Harris. Algorithm for particle detection and parameterization in high-frame-rate thermal video. J. Appl. Remote Sens., 8(1):083549, 2014.