Benefits of working at Scion
Scion's Head Office in Rotorua is a great place to work, here are just some of the numerous benefits that our employees enjoy.
- Prime location in the heart of the world famous Whakarewarewa Forest
- World class science career in Rotorua
- Flexible working options offering work/life balance, including 9 day fortnight rosters (trial)
- Free car parking
- Bring your dog to work
- Freshly ground coffee and hot chocolate!
- Fantastic opportunities and varied career paths
- Search and Rescue leave
- International conferences
- Inclusive and diverse culture, 29 nationalities and counting, and LGBT friendly
- Backyard exercising in the Redwoods, plenty of opportunities for running, walking, biking
- Secure bike shed
- Onsite shower facilities
- Big city benefits without the big city price tag
- Parental leave ex gratia payment
- Education assistance
- Discounted medical insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Income insurance
- Four weeks paid leave plus three extra paid company holidays
- Long service leave
- Support to assist settlement for our international employees
- Multiple retail discounts available through the Boost programme
- Employer Assisted Programme (EAP) - free counselling service
- Great onsite Café
Scion also has a campus located in Christchurch, one of New Zealand’s most vibrant cities, situated in easy driving distance to beaches and ski fields. There is also a small satellite office in Wellington.
Come and join a dedicated team who have a focus on sustainability and are making positive impacts for New Zealand and the globe every day!
Scion is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunities) employer and actively seeks to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
You can see parts of our campus and ‘meet’ some of our staff by viewing our videos