National Forestry Library
The National Forestry Library at Scion contains one of the largest collections of forestry, forest products, biomaterials, and pulp and paper literature in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Library was established in 1947, and over this time it has developed an international reputation for the depth and breadth of its collection. A range of services, via membership, are currently offered to New Zealand industry organisations, private companies, sole-practice consultants, and researchers.
These services are provided by a team skilled in the provision of information from within the library, other New Zealand libraries, and internationally.
Membership to the National Forestry Library offers:
- Loans from the National Forestry Library collections of current and historical material, in person or by mail
- Requests actioned within 24 hours
- Reference service, including information sourcing and literature searching (additional fee may apply)
- Contents page service from your choice of journals - customised to individual requirements
- Discounts on image and publication sales
Scion Records and Library Collections
Public access to the National Forestry Library is restricted. Please complete an application form and send it to the Library at least one week before you wish to visit.
Contact the Library on +64 7 343 5847 or email us
- for further information on becoming a member of the National Forestry Library
- to arrange access to the National Forestry Library collections
The National Forestry Library Catalogue
For Members: How to search the catalogue and send a request to the library
Please contact us if you require more information.