- Phone: +64 7 343 5899
- Email: Show email
- Web: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-davies-nz
- Team: Innovation
- Role: Innovation Manager
An advocate for Scion technology within the private investment sector, Amanda leads the Innovation Team and manages commercialisation investment at Scion. She has a strong desire to see science reach its true commercial and social potential.
In collaboration with the science teams, the Innovation team enables the commercialisation of new products and technologies and the development of research programmes to ensure that there are appropriate commercial outcomes.
With a diverse applied science background and experience across the forestry, engineering and coatings industries, Amanda brings skills in governance, business start-up, product development and industrial scale-up to Scion’s innovation and commercialisation planning.
- MSc (Hons) (Forensic Science)
- BSc (Pharmacology)
- Forensic Science and Analytical Chemistry
- Kiwi Innovation Network (KiwiNet) Investment Committee member - reviewing commercial opportunities, providing feedback and allocating PreSeed investment to technologies from publicly funded research organisations across Aotearoa.
- Women in Leadership Development (WILD) Program - 2021 Cohort - shaping directorship and decision-making skills of women from STEM backgrounds.
- Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia - New Zealand Network Committee Member - Connected practitioner community, setting the benchmark for excellence in commercialisation and entrepreneurship for public research organisations, via delivery of stakeholder connections, professional development and advocacy.