- Phone: +64 7 343 5791
- Email: Jeremy.Warnes@scionresearch.com
- Web: http://nz.linkedin.com/pub/jeremy-warnes/26/96b/912
- Team: Business Development & Commercialisation
- Role: Business Development Manager
Jeremy Warnes is a business development manager specialising in the commercialisation of new technologies. Jeremy’s specialises in bio-based materials with a particular focus on natural fibre composites and adhesives, and sustainable residential housing.
BSc (Hons) (Chemistry) Victoria University, NZ -1982
- Bio-based materials with a focus on natural fibre/bio-polymer composites;
- Composite timber products and adhesives;
- Business interface and technology commercialisation;
- Sustainable residential housing.
- Scion – Research Leader/Business Development Manager 2003 – present. Managing new thermoplastic material development, composite wood product research and commercial projects. Responsibility for obtaining new business.
- Acting General Manager for Greenweld Technologies Ltd 1998 – 1999. Seconded role for 1 year prior to sale of company. Managed to cut raw materials costs in that time frame.
- Technical co-ordination of the Wood Hardening process into commercial application.
- In conjunction with Ministry of Forestry, organised the first of a series of national gluing workshops and have presented at these on-going seminars over the 6 years they have been running.
- Forest Research representative on the Pine Manufacturers Executive Committee 2000 - 2003
Witt, M R J; Shah, S; Fernyhough, A; Anderson, C R; Warnes, J M; 2007. Wood plastic composites based on MDF fibre reinforcement. In: Proceedings of the 3rd Wood Fibre Polymer Composites International Symposium, Cite Mondiale Bordeaux, France, 26-27 March 2007.
Grigsby, W J; McIntosh, C D; Warnes, J M: Activation of pine bark tannin for use in cold-set structural adhesives. Abstract D4/6 in: Proceedings of the 28th Australasian Polymer Symposium & Australasian Society for Biomaterials 16th Annual Conference, Rotorua, 5-9 February 2006.
Anderson, C R; Witt, M R J; Shah, S; Warnes, J M; 2005. Advances in utilizing whole tree for composites. Abstract in: XXII IUFRO World Congress, 8-13 August 2005, Brisbane, Australia.
Fernyhough, A; Anderson, C R; Warnes, J M; Lee, B J : Method for producing wood fibre composite products. Patent (2005).
Warnes, J M: Exploiting Renewable Resources to Develop New Materials Industries. Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) Annual Conference. March 2003, Hamilton.
Warnes, J M: Gluebond troubleshooting for laminating and fingerjointing. Forest Industries 2002, FIEA Wood Technology Clinics, Rotorua.
Grigsby, W J; Warnes, J M: Potential of tannin extracts as resorcinol replacements in cold cure thermosets. 25th Australasian Polymer Symposium, February 10-13th, 2002, Armidale, NSW, Australia.