Scion Connections Issue 29, September 2018Scion Connections is a quarterly newsletter that aims to keep you up-to-date with our key science success stories and discoveries and to connect you with our people and capabilities. Subscribe
Issue 29, September 2018View online as a flipbook
Assessing clonal tree performance in Māori-owned forests
The forests of Lake Taupō and Lake Rotoaira are managed with innovative, science-based techniques designed to produce high-value trees. But will the investment be worthwhile? Iwi researcher Ben Aves set out to discover whether the high-value crop would return their investment.
Show the articles published in this issue
- Assessing clonal tree performance in Māori-owned forests
- Right tree, right place, right purpose
- Using satellite photogrammetry for forest inventory
- Meet our new myrtle rust researchers
- Getting to the heart of coast redwood durability
- New Chief Operating Officer for Scion
- How will climate change affect plantation forestry in New Zealand?